Important New Books

BYRON

By ANDRE MAUROIS

Maurois tells the story of this dazzling career with all the wit and penetration, the insight and sympathy, that make him a master of modern biography. The succession of romantic scenes, the group of famous friends--Shelley, Hobhouse, Tom Moore--Maurois paints them all in brilliant colors and witty phrases.

$5.00 net

THE CRUSADERS

By HAROLD LAMB

Again Harold Lamb invokes the pageantry of the Mediaeval Orient and tells the history of a great movement of human beings drawn across the world by the power of an idea. He has restored to life the most significant and dramatic moment in human history, that brief moment when all our ancestors of all ranks and degrees were aroused by an unworldly exaltation.

$3.00 net

HUMANISM AND AMERICA

Edited by NORMAN FOERSTER

This book is the first concerted sortie into American life by champions of a movement already profoundly changing our intellectual atmosphere. The leaders of this movement are Irving Babbitt and Paul Elmer More, and a rapidly growing number is joining them in what is at once the most inspiring criticism of our times yet made.

$3.50 net

CLEMENCEAU

By JEAN MARTET

"It was thought," says L'Illustration, "that Clemenceau had left no memoirs--with the exception of certain recollections of the war and the peace . . . But here are the memoirs--written from numerous conversations with a man whom Clemenceau honored with his friendship and closest intimacy over a period of many years." Here is the living voice of Clemenceau.

$5.00 net