OVERHEAD ATTACK IS STRESSED IN PRACTICE

WHITE ONLY REGULAR ON INJURED LIST FOR SPRINGFIELD GAME

With no serious injuries reported but with about a dozen men missing because of minor bruises Harvard's football team began its week of practice yesterday in preparation for the Spring-field game on Saturday.

All the men who played in the doubleheader will be ready for the tilt with the gymnasts with practically all of them expected back in harness for the workout this afternoon. White will be the only one out of Saturday's game, his injury still being serious enough to make the doctors reluctant about approving him for play.

Yesterday's practice; which did not begin until 4 o'clock, was light and consisted in the main part in a blackboard talk by Coach Horween and a long forward and lateral drill. Horween pointed out all the mistakes of the Vermont and Coast Guard games and answered the questions of the players.

The backs under Coach Casey and the ends under Coach Bradford combined after the talk and spent the greater part of the afternoon throwing and catching forwards. It was this department of the game that was particularly weak in the opening contests and a brushing up was highly necessary. The backs also had a drill under Horween running lateral pass plays.

Another addition was made to the squad yesterday when W. K. Ginman '32, a guard, was taken up to the first team from Coach Knox's seconds. He was on the squad last year and played on the Freshman eleven two years ago.