LACK OF SCORING PUNCH PREVENTS CRIMSON VICTORY

Halfback is Primary Cog in Revamped Passing Attack--Moushegian Stars at End

The inability to capitalize when scoring chances were near again cost the Harvard eleven victory on Saturday, and gave the Crimson instead its third defeat of the year in a major game. Ruling the game for the greater part, Harvard was forced to accept defeat when missed scoring chances coupled with a sweeping touchdown drive by an incensed Michigan team brought the Wolverines a 6 to 3 victory.

Harvard Gallant in Defeat

Harvard was gallant in defeat, stronger than it had ever been in any game this year. Although outrushed, the Crimson made this up with an overwhelming superiority in the aerial game, gaining almost three times as much by passes as the Wolverines. But the visitors had a decided scoring punch which they unleashed at the proper moment and which eradicated any supremacy which Harvard might have shown up to that time.

It was a disheartening game for Harvard to lose, especially since it followed close upon the heels of the 6 to 0 and 7 to 2 defeats by Army and Dartmouth, respectively. The Crimson was on the verge of gaining revenge and of coming through for a major conquest when a long Newman to Hudson pass wrested what would have been a spectacular victory from the hands of Coach Horween's men.

Encouraging Showing

Despite the defeat, the showing of the Harvard team was encouraging in that the Crimson, in holding the Wolverines for three periods and flashing a revised passing attack, played its best game of the year. The outlook for the Yale game, now less than two weeks off, becomes more cheering after having been a bit drab after the William and Mary tie. If Harvard can repeat its aerial game of last Saturday in the Yale Bowl, the now confident Bulldog will have a good deal to worry about. At any rate the game should be a repetition of last year's tilt in that Booth's running will be pitted against the Harvard passes.

Huguley Outstanding

Outstanding in the passing attack was Huguley who, in getting his first real chance of the year, threw and caught passes with unerring accuracy. He also outpunted Wheeler in Harvard's best kicking exhibition of the year. Co-starring with Huguley was Moushegian, who played a superlative game at end and made several of the hardest tackles of the season.

The summary MICHIGAN  HARVARD Hozer, Cox, Daniels, i.e  r.e., Ogden, Hageman Auer, Sampels, Miller, l.i  r.t., Kales La Jeunesse, Goldsmith, Douglass, i.k  r.g., Tralner Morrison, C.  C.,Ticknor Cornwall, r.g.  i.g., Myerson, Bancroft Dravelling, r.i.  l.t., Trafford, Upton Williamgon, Tesmer. q.k.  i.e., Moushegian Newman, Tesmer.q.k  q.b., Wood Wheeler, Stoll, i.h.b.  r.h.h., Huguley, Batchelder Simrall, r.h.b.  i.h.b., Crickard, Maya Hudson, f.h.  f.b., Schereschewsky, white

Score-Michigan 6; Harvard 3; Touchdown Hudson Goal from field Wood. Referee C. J. McCarty, Phlladelphia. Umpire W. Crowley, Bowdoin. Linesmen 11. A. Fisher, Columbia. Field judge D. Watkeys, Syracuse. Time Four 15-min periods.