Army-Navy

The agreement of West Point and Annapolis to play a post-season football game for oharity brings up the question of the possibility of a resumption of athietic relations between the two schools. Expect for the fact that the game will be for the benefit of unemployment relief, it seems an empty gesture for the two teams to meet when their respective policies are still widely divergent and the breach, between them is as great as ever.

The lead in the parley for a resumption of relations must naturally be taken by the Army. The West Point officials made a concession when they agreed to extend their schedule into the examination period to play this year's game, which is as least encouraging. To expect the Navy to agree to some sort of compromise would be unfair since the Annapolls officials have done the right thing, in introducing their three year rule. West Point still remains stubborn in its adherence to its eligibility ruling and the season's records have shown that the latter rule makes for better teams. But until Army changes its policy and gets on equal footing with the Navy, a meeting of the two teams, except for the worthy charity involved, seems a bit futile.