Dunster and Lowell House Teams Prove Themselves Evenly Matched in Premier Gridiron Clash--Dunster Wins 7 to 6

In a bristling contest replete with deceptive moves of strategy on the part of both teams, as well as the efforts of an organized cheering section, a valiant Dunster House eleven defeated the Lowell House team by a score of 7 to 6 on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon.

The game began with Dunster kicking off to the Lowell, and what looked like a bad placement turned into a cagey move when the Dunsterites recovered the ball themselves and started an offensive toward the Lowell goal line. Lowell hold, however, and the two elevens battled on even terms at midfield. The Dunster score came in the second period, when a fumbled punt gave them the ball on Lowell's 35-yard line. From there, led by G. F. Cassedy '33, whose line plunges formed the chief threat of the Dunster attack, a series of power plays secured the desired score, Cassedy scoring. The extra point was awarded to Dunster by Glifford Gallagher, referee, after a short debate in which all participated at mid field, the point in question being as to which side had been offside when the try for the point was made.

In the second half Dunster received the kick, and ran the ball back to midfield. After a few more plays, it was discovered that there were 12 men composing the Dunster eleven, but this difficulty was soon remedied by removing one man from the field, and administering a five-yard penalty on the offenders. Lowell took the ball on downs, and in the last period forced their opponents back to the goal line, scoring with about four minutes to play. On the point after the score, however, a forward pass was grounded, making the final score Dunster 7, Lowell 6.

The summary: DUNSTER HOUSE  LOWELL HOUSE Ware, l.e.  l.e. Tryon Bettman, Hoguet Yeomans, Balley, l.t  l.t., Ford, Taylor Williams, r.g.  l.g., Remick, White Hale, e.  c., Sommers, Howell Hoguet, r.g.  r.g., Morgan scaife Dickinson. r.t.  r.t., Locke, O'Reilly David, r.e.  r.e., Moore Hawes, q.b.  q.b., Johnson, Wells Wickersham, Crosby, l.h.b.  l.h.b., White Duggan, Barrie, r.h.b.  r.h.b., Ketchum Cassedy, f.b.  f.b., Bennett

Score-Dunster 7; Lowell 6. Touchdowns-Cassedy, Bennett. Referee-Clifford Gallagher, Cambridge. Time-Four 10-min periods.