TEAM DRILLS LATE ON FUNDAMENTALS

Weteran May Start at Half or Quarter Against Westerners--Crickard in Short Work-out

In a continued effort to shake the team out of its present untimely slump. Horween yesterday sent his charges through a lengthy September 15 practice period, spending most of the afternoon drilling the eleven in early season fundamentals Blocking, tackling, and work on the dummies and charging machine took up most of the afternoon, with a final dummy scrimmage taking place in the twilight hours.

As team A lined up for the scrimmage, Moushegian and Ogden filled the end positions. Kales, and Trafford were tackles; guards were Trainer and Myerson, with Ticknor at his post in the center of the line. The backfield was made up of Wood as quarterback. Huguley and Mays as halfbacks, and Sheresehewsky at fullback.

Huguley at Halfback

The placing of Huguley at halfback is a new development in the Harvard backfield, and seems to indicate that Horween will probably start the veteran against Michigan Saturday either as halfback or as quarterback. At any rate it seems that the Harvard coaching staff has decided to take advantage of Huguley's ability as a punter, defensive and offensive back, with the added feature of his acting as either end of the aerial attack Harvard is using.

Crickard was only out for a short ten-minute jog yesterday, but it is hoped that he will be all right for the game against the Wolverines. Myerson and Kuehn compose the list of those who will miss Satuday's contest, while it is doubtful whether or not Harding will be available.