ROGER BALDWIN IS FIRST LIBERAL CLUB SPEAKER

SERIES OF MEETINGS OPEN TO ALL MEN IN UNIVERSITY

The Harvard Liberal Club will begin a series of fall lecture meetings tonight when Roger Baldwin. Director of the American Civil Liberties Union, will speak on "What Do You Mean. Free Speech?" in Emerson F at 8 o'clock. Three more dates have been set for the month of November, and all the meetings will be held in Emerson F at the same hour.

Other speakers for the month are Pierre de Lanux, Director of the Paris Information Bureau, who will talk on "Our International Ethics" on November 13; Waldo Cook. Editor of the "Springfield Republican" is to speak on an unannounced subject on November 18; and R. M. Lovett, President of the League for Industrial Democracy one of the editors of "The New Republic", and Professor of English in the University of Chicago is to speak on November 25 on "Police, Politics, and Crime."

At 6 o'clock, previous to each of these meetings, a supper will be given at the Harvard Union for the speaker, open only to members of the Liberal Club. The lectures themselves, however, are open to all members of the University, but students are advised to arrive early, as the talks will start promptly and admittance will depend on the capacity of the lecture room.