THE TWAIN SHALL MEET

The Maize and Blue will appear in the Stadium this afternoon for the first time since 1914. In the days before the war teams from Ann Arbor were not infrequent visitors to Cambridge and the memory of those earlier contests furnished an attractive background last fall when Harvard invaded the West. Today, with the 1929 game fresh in mind as a reaffirmation of an old sporting friendship, the University is happy to play host once more to Michigan.

Many of the closest followers of Harvard football feel that the Michigan game has illustrated the greatest benefits of the Athletic Association's rotating schedule policy. The game in Yost Stadium not only gave a large body of Alumni a chance to see the Crimson in action, but it did much to promote mutual understanding between the two distant universities. It is regrettable that the series is so short and it is not too soon to look to the future when it may be resumed.

Other inter-sectional games will replace today's; they are to be welcomed as was the scheduling of Michigan. All serve the common end of fostering cordial relations in parts where Harvard's contacts are only of the most casual nature. Win, lose, or draw, the coming of Michigan to the domain of John Harvard makes this a red letter day on the athletic calendar.