CHRISTMAS SERVICE IN APPLETON DECEMBER 17

Will be Repeated Following Evening for Outsiders -- Dean Sperry Will Deliver Sermon

The annual Christmas Service in Appleton Chapel will be held on Wednesday evening. December 17, and on Thursday, December 18, in the afternoon and evening. Dean Willard Learoyd Sperry, Professor of Homiletics and Chairman of the Board of Preachers will conduct the service Thursday afternoon. Under the direction of Professor A. T. Davidson '06, Organist and Choirmaster, a program of Christmas music will be sung by the Choir of Appleton Chapel and the Radcliffe Choral Society.

The service on Wednesday evening, at 8.15 o'clock, will be open only to persons connected with the University and Radcliffe College. The service on Thursday evening will be open to the public. In order to admit all who wish to attend the services, those who are present on Wednesday evening or Thursday afternoon are requested not to attend the repetition of the service on Thursday evening.

All children of families connected with the University, if accompanied by an older person, are invited to be present at the service, on Thursday afternoon at 4.30 o'clock. On this afternoon, service will be open to the public. Children of the families who worship at the Chapel are requested to bring toys or gifts of any sort to the carol services. At these services an offering will be taken for the benefit of the Cambridge Visiting Nurses' Association.