DELTA UPSILON TO GIVE PLAY FRIDAY EVENING

Fraternity Presents "The Dumb Boy of Manchester" -- Is First Performance Since 1916

Reviving its former custom of giving an annual play, the Delta Upsilon Fraternity will present on Friday at 8.30 o'clock "The Dumb Boy of Manchester" at the Chapter House, 346 Harvard Street, Cambridge.

The play, a melodrama written by B. K. Ryner and first performed in London in 1838, is the first to be given by the fraternity since 1916, when the second part of "Henry IV" was played in twelve different cities. The cast of the present play includes Howard Ulfelder '32, R. B. Clement '33, A. N. Webster '31, K. L. Johnson '32, C. E. Bell '31 D. B. Dorman '32, R. K. Vincent '32, C. B. Sykes '33, G. R. Ince '32, and J. U. Nutter, Jr. '33, Nutter, Ince, Ulfelder, and Sykes have the leading parts.

Breaking away from the fraternity's tradition of presenting revivals of Elizabethan Drama such as Jonson's "Alchemist" and Dekker's "Shoemaker's Holiday". "The Dumb Boy of Manchester" deals with the melodramatic plot of a dumb hero accused of murder which he cannot explain. His sister, the virtuous heroine and wife of the villain, finally reveals the fact that her husband committed the murder, and he kills himself.

A limited number of tickets are available at the Chapter House.