Only 70 Per Cent of Senior Class Has Responded to Vocational Questionnaire of the Placement Bureau Sent Out in November

According to an announcement made yesterday by D. H. Moyer, director of the Alumni Placement Service, only 70 per cent of this year's graduating class have returned the occupational questionnaire sent out by the Bureau in November.

A second request to return this questionnaire was sent out last week to those men who have so far failed to respond. No effort is to be made to compile the data from this investigation until over 90 per cent of the class have been heard from, since only then will the results have significance. The offending Seniors are therefore urged to return their questionnaires at the earliest opportunity. Last year 92 percent of the questionnaires were returned.

The statistics, which can be gathered, are of the utmost importance in accommodating the following graduating classes. Opportunities in business and in the industries are followed up by the Bureau, which, however, does not deal with teaching or with the professions.

The questionnaire has three main interests, first whether the student has as yet chosen a vocation, and if so, the nature of his choice; secondly, if business has not been considered, it requests the plans which have been formed for the year 1931 to 1932, and lastly, it wants to know whether the prospective business man has made any definite contacts for the coming year.

The Alumni Placement was founded in September 1929, through the endowment of friends and alumni of the University, for the purpose of placing Harvard men in business and industrial positions. The Bureau, going on the theory that a man can be more advantageously placed if he knows exactly what he wants to do, is working in collaboration with A. L. Putnam '20. Consultant on Careers for the College. The two offices are in Number three, Wadsworth House.