HARVARD SEXTET WINS UNIVERSITY CLUB GAME 3 TO 1

Palmer Accounts for Opponents' Single Goal--Work of Goalies Feature of Evening.

Harvard's hockey team won its second game of the season last night when it administered a 3 to 1 defeat to the University Club sextet at the Boston Garden. All the scoring was done in the second period though both teams had numerous opportunities to tally.

The Crimson started off with a rush at the face-off. Everett took possession of the puck and after fighting his way through the University Club defense threw away his chance with a wide shot. A similar opportunity was lost shortly after. Toward the end of the period the University Club threatened when the forward line was twice grouped in front of the Harvard cage but Ellis was able to keep the puck from crossing the line. The work of the goalies of both teams was the feature of the period.

Garrison opened the scoring in the second period when he took Saltonstall's pass and pushed it into the net. Soon afterward Harvard again threatened when Hilliard, Adams, and Holland were all in the penalty box at the same time.

Batchelder made the second tally for Harvard. After the period was almost three-quarters gone Palmer scored the University Club's lone tally while Batchelder and Garrison were both serving time for penalties. Garrison ended the scoring when Newell, after stopping Everett's shot, lost the puck and the Harvard center pushed it over.

This game demonstrated the new rules concerning the play of the goalie. Both University Club goalies were guilty of kneeling before the net with the result that the referees called for a face-off 10 feet in front of the net with the defending team lined up on the goal line. On both of these occasions the goalies were able to prevent a score.

The summary:

Score--Harvard 3. University Club 1 Goals--Second period: Garrison (Saltonstall) 2.54: Batchelder (unassisted), 7.40; Palmer (Fitzgerald), 14.35; Garrison (Everett), 18.14 Penalties--First period: Cunningham (board check), Hilliard (board check). Palmer (anti-defense). Batchelder (illegal check) Second period Adams (tripping), Hilliard (anti-defense): Holland (tripping). Hilliard (board check), Batchelder (tripping), Garrison (hooking). Third period Chase (hooking): Everett (handling the puck) Referees Smith and Cleary Time three 20-minute periods.

HARVARD  UNIVERSITY CLUB D.Everett, Martin, Baldwin, l.w.  r.w., Curtis, Stubbs, Rogers Garrison, Wood, Putnam, c.  c., Chase, Holland Saltonstall, Cunningham, Palmer, Pell, Frothingham, r.w.  l.w., Palmer, Hilliard Batchelder, i.d.  r.d., Fitzgerald, Clark, Adams Crosby Palmer, r.d.  l.d., Bigelow, Saltonstall Ellis, Wendell, g.  g., Learnard, Newell