IM WESTEN NICHTS NEUES

A founder of the American Legion in Los Angeles has announced that Professor Albert Einstein should be kept from the pristine shore of California on the grounds that he is a purveyor of scientific fifth and falsehood. Dr. A. B. Houghton, of the American Legion in examining the theory of relativity finds that it is really not worth serious consideration, but Herr Einstein's remarks on militant pacificism were beyond the bounds of democratic decency.

Mr. Einstein said that he believed that every man of fighting age should refuse to fight and the dangerous and destructive heresy of such a remark has lead the Los Angeles Legionaires to rise in defense of the peace of their Californian domain by keeping the father of such ideas beyond their borders. An attitude of militant protection would seem to be the only way these professedly peace loving people can protect the sanctity of their homes from pacificism. It is unfortunate that instead of advocating pacificism Professor Einstein did not make a plea to keep the world safe for democracy.