LOWELL AND MERRIMAN TO SPEAK IN STANDISH

WARNER AND SEDGWICK WILL ENTERTAIN

A Freshman smoker will be given tonight in the Common Room of Standish Hall at 7.30 o'clock. Sterling Dow '25, Standish Hall proctor, will introduce the speakers. President Lowell and Professor R. B. Merriman.

Stanton Whitney '34, chairman of the dormitory committee and the other committee members R. G. Ames '34, Richard Grant '34, R. M. Gummere '34, G.S. Hayes '34, and D. C. Morris '34 have planned the evening's program which includes motion pictures and refreshments.

Professor Merriman will speak first, to be followed by President Lowell. After the addresses. Ellery Sedgwick '32 and W. S. Warner '32 will give an exhibition of prestidigitation and magic. Two motion pictures, a Grantland Rice "Sport-light," and an animated cartoon, will provide the final entertainment before the refreshments. Corn-cob pipes, inscribed with the usual red H and the class numerals, will be given out as souvenirs to all the men who are present.

Although the invitations request that the printed cards be presented at the door for admission, all members of the dormitory will be admitted as well as a few outside guests.

President Lowell also spoke at the Standish Hall smoker last year. His subject then was the House Plan. After the talk he answered questions.