UNIVERSITY DEBATERS TO BE HEARD OVER RADIO

FIECHTER, FRIEND, AND ECKLES FORM TEAM

Taking the negative side of the proposition "Resolved, That the foreign indictments of American culture are justified," the Harvard Debating team will oppose Cornell in a debate which will be broadcasted throughout New England over radio station WNAC, the Shepard Stores, Boston, on the evening of Saturday, December 6, at 10.30 o'clock.

Robert E. Rogers '08, professor of English at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who spoke before the Harvard Liberal Club this fall and previously attained wide publicity by advising college men to be snobs in the best sense of the word, will preside as chairman and will guide the radio audience in judging the winners.

Harvard will be represented by C. F. Fiechter Jr. '32, secretary of the Harvard Debating Council, and H. C. Friend '31, winner of the Coolidge Freshman debating prize. Fiechter will be the lead-off man for the negative. R. B. Eckles '32, chairman of the Freshman debating team and recipient of the Pasteur Debating Prize, will be the alternate.

Upholding the affirmative for Cornell will be E. T. Horn and Francis Drake. These men have debated on this subject before, contesting with the All-German Universities Team at Ithaca.

The coach of the Harvard team is A. G. Kulp lG. a recipient of a scholarship in the Graduate School of Political Science who debated three years on the team of the University of Oklahoma. Typical sources of American culture are the works of Aldous Huxley, Lord Bryce, Count Keyserling, and Andre Siegfried. The latter accused Americans of standardizing not only commodities but individual personality in his book "America Comes of Age."