P.B.H. COMMITTEE WILL HELP JOBLESS

Hope for Cooperation With a Hotel and Orchestra--Agency to Locate Jobs and Give Financial Relief

With the appointment of a special committee at a meeting last night, the Phillips Brooks House Association Cabinet inaugurated an effort to assist in bettering local conditions of unemployment.

A preliminary meeting of the committee resulted in the formulation of an outline of procedure by which the Phillips Brooks House might govern its action. One of the first possibilities on the program made out by the group is that of sponsoring and conducting a charity ball. The committee will approach Boston hostels with a view to obtaining the use gratis of a ballroom and also will seek to obtain free of charge the services of an orchestra.

Plan Investigation

Further plans include an investigation of methods of present organizations occupied in placement service, and cooperation of such agencies as the University Employment office, the city employment officials, state boards, and competent individuals will be sought.

The committee will organize within the Brooks House Association an agency for the purpose of investigating and searching out opportunities for employment in odd jobs on private estates and clean-up campaigns on the part of the city. In the examination of these problems the committee will rely largely on the advice and cooperation of the University Employment Office.

Financial Relief

In addition to its organization work, the committee will cooperate in financial relief and will determine a policy of expansion of the activities of the Brooks House in its present fields of endeavor, principally in its social service. The following men compose the committee: Julius Birge '31, 'chairman; T.W. Dunn '31: G.K. Martin '32 and P.M. Sheldon '31.