BAIRNSFATHER TO SPEAK AT UNION NEXT TUESDAY

War Cartoonist Will Give Illustrated Lecture--Creator of "Old Bill" Now Working in This Country

Captain Bruce Bairnsfather, the author of the "Better Ole", and creator of the well-known character "Old Bill" will give an illustrated lecture at the Harvard Union on Tuesday evening, December 9, at 8 o'clock.

Captain Bairnsfather gained wide recognition during the World War for his humorous stories and drawings, of "Old Bill" in the trenches. He served during the War on all European fronts and was taken from the trenches to be made an official cartoonist attache to all the armies and he since has written several successful plays and books.

Now In United States

He is now working in this country drawing for the New Yorker. Judge and a number of other humorous publications. Meanwhile he is lecturing throughout the United States, supplementing his lectures with slides, which he has drawn for the purpose. He will end his lecture by drawing in front of his audience a large sized picture.

The "Better Ole" has been twice made into a motion picture and the part of "Old Bill" has been played by some twelve famous actors from time to time.