QUINTETS TEST NEW RULES FOR COACHES

Evening Session Draws Large Crowd of Referees and Writers -- Dinner at H. A. A. Follows

Before an audience of approximately 200, comprised of basketball coaches of colleges in New England and members of the Eastern Officials Association, two teams selected from the University basketball squad were used to demonstrate and interpret the revised basketball rules in the new gymnasium yesterday afternoon.

During the first half of the game Henry McGinnis, chairman of demonstration of the basketball board, and George Hoyt officiated. Stopping the game after each foul, they explained the ruling and penalty to the coaches and officials seated on the side-lines.

The second half of the game was played with interruption, the audience being given slips of paper on which they might write any questions about fouls or other points of play.

After the game coaches and officials were guests of the Harvard Athletic Association at a banquet at the Union. After dinner, an informal discussion of all new rules took place under the leadership of Oswald Tower, chief interpreter of the rules committee.

Again at 8.15 o'clock last night the University was host to about 700 basketball coaches and officials of grade schools, high schools, and colleges in New England, and to all others interested in the game.

The demonstration and interpretation of new rules was a repetition of the afternoon game. The lineup, taken from members of the University squad, follows: "WHITES"  "BLACKS" Daly, l.f.  r.f., Silin Hislop, r.f.  l.f., McElheny Mahady, c.  c., Child Jenkins, l.g.  r.g., Baskerville Renshaw, r.g.  l.g., Balzerini