RACQUET LEAGUE OPENS TODAY IN FOUR GAMES

TWO FRESHMAN GROUPS SET OUT FOR LAURELS

The opening matches of the Massachusetts Racquet League will be played this afternoon, with the University team idle on a bye and the B Team playing the University Club in Boston. Members of the latter team are as follows: J. M. Barnaby '33, F. O. Canfield '32, H. W. Cole '32, J. G. Cornish '33, D. M. Frame '32.

The C team, which will play the Newton Centre Club in Cambridge, will be composed of H. V. Blaxter, Jr. '33, G. R. Clark '32, G. T. Emmet, Jr. '31, W. C. Thompson '32, and J. B. Walker '33.

There are also two Freshman teams in the League, a C and a D team. The former will play the Boston Athletic Association in Boston today, while the D group will meet Technology Freshmen at Technology. Members of the C team are: L. A. Breck, Jr. '34, A. Cox, Jr. '34, W. S. Emmet '34, Robert Grant, 3rd '34, and Winthrop Sargent, 3rd '34; on the D team are P. W. Herrick '34, F. M. Kirkland '34, J. K. Mitchell '34, A. Nichols '34, and C. E. Ware '34.

In class A there are four other teams with the University. Two, the Harvard Club and the University Club, are made up of graduates from the University. The Union Boat Club will play the Harvard Club today while the University Club will oppose the Newton Centre men at the latter's courts.

One hundred and twenty-nine men have signed up for the University Tournament.