DEBATING COUNCIL TO MEET CHINEST ORATORS

Subject Concerns the Abolition of Extra-Territoriality by China-Ford Hall Scene of Debate

The Harvard University Debating Council will meet the Chinese University debaters to discuss the question: "Resolved, That this house views with approval the abolition of Extra-territoriality by China" at 8 o'clock this evening in Ford Hall, Boston, it was announced yesterday by coach E. M. Rowe '27.

Four speakers will represent Harvard: W. E. Esber '31, J. M. Swigert '30, R. M. Alt '32, and A. A. Windecker '32. The Chineso council is composed of V. K. Kwong '29, and S. I. Chang, formerly of Harverford College. Professor A. A Holcombe '06, who was in China a year ago studying the government there, will be chairman of the program.

Swigeri, who formerly debated on the Harvard teams with Kwong, has returned to the University within the last month from China and Manchuria, where he has made particular observations up on the relations between the foreign Nationals and the Chinese. As a debater at Harvard, Kwong had an especially bril Hant record, his efforts being a major factor in tho Harvard success in 1927 and 1928 when the University won the Intercollegiate Debating League cham pionship.