FACULTY MEMBERS ARE GIVEN ABSENCE LEAVES

Dr. C. K. Drinker is Appointed Acting Dean of the School of Public Health for Coming Months

According to an announcement made yesterday at University Hall; two members of the faculty have been granted leaves of absence by vote of the corporation. Dr. D. L. Edsell, Dean of the Medical School, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and Dean of the School of Public Health, has been granted a leave of absence from May 1, 1930, to Commencement, and for the first half of the academic year 1930-31. Dr. Edsell will use his sabbatical in travel and research abroad.

In view of Dr. Edsell's absence, Dr. C. K. Drinker has been appointed Acting Dean of the School of Public Health, while Dr. Worth Hale will serve as Acting Dean of the Medical School. Mr. W. C. Ford, lecturer on Historical Manuscripts, who is at present away on leave of absence, has had his leave extended to include the academic year 1930-31.

Announcement was also made of the following scholarship awards. The Harvard Club of Hingham Scholarship (second half) has been awarded to D. F. Pitcher '33. The Research Scholarship in the Medical school has been granted to M. B. Low 1M. Maurice Capitant gr.L. is the recipient of the John Harvey Gregory Scholarship for students of countries other than the United States.

In the Dental School scholarships have been awarded as follows: The Peter K. Strauss Scholarship to B. N. Coolidge 4Dn.: the Dwight M. Clapp Scholarship to A. C. Fallon 4D.: the Engene H. Smith Scholarship to J. B. Lewis 3Dn.: the Alford Scholarship to Vincent Ceuci 3Dn. and C. T. Small 4Dn. W. J. Wenzel 4Dn., and A. C. Fallon 4Dn., will share the Joseph Eleventh Scholarship.