Speakers Bureau of P.B.H. Functions as Clearing-House for the University "Greats" and Their Admirers--Fills Many Requests

A state prison wants a man to speak to the inmates on science or politics. A church committee would like to secure a colored quartet. A men's club could use some magicians. A preparatory schools' conference needs some heroes to worship.

These organizations and all others with a special need for speakers or entertainers submit their requests to Phillips Brooks House. There the Speakers' Bureau functions as a clearing-house for the University "greats" and their admirers. The Bureau also gives men of unknown calibre a chance to display their wares. The variety of subjects is endless, and any one with a special interest of any kind is eligible.

Requests for groups are numerous. In response to one of these four foreign students spoke on Germany, Russia, China, and India. At the Burroughs Newsboy Foundation one evening R. S. Ogden '31 spoke on football, M. T. Hill '32 on tennis, L. C. Winter '31 on fencing, and L. L. Wadsworth Jr. '30 on hockey.

Radcliffe and Wellesley students will lend some glamour to the group which wil represent Harvard at an Hi-Y conference the latter part of this month. At Providence a few days later there will be a conference for preparatory school boys with college representatives. At the same conference Professor Hocking will lead a special group for headmasters and masters.

Other men who have filled speaking engagements for the Bureau are: E. S. Amazeen '31, S. C. Burns ocC, W. R. Harper '30, J. H. Lane '28, P. W. Mahady '30, T. F. Mason '30, F. A. Pickard '30, C. H. Pforzheimer '28, P. C. Reardon '32, J. L. Reid '29, E. W. Remick Jr. '30, and A. W. Samborski '25.