WRESTLERS RALLY TO TIE STRONG COLUMBIA TEAM

HEAVYWEIGHT CLASSES CONTINUE SERIES OF VICTORIES

Coming up from behind, the University wrestling team tied a strong Columbia aggregation 16 to 16 at Columbia.

The favored Crimson team dropped four of the first five matches, but rallied in the heavier weight classes to fall just short of victory.

With only the unlimited class struggle left, and the Lions leading 16 to 11, Nathaniel Warner '30, captain of the Harvard matmen, brought the score to a tie by throwing Earl Carlsten, Columbia football player, in five minutes and forty seconds.

This is the first tie for the Crimson matmen this season. Since dropping their opening match to M. I. T., they have defeated Tufts, Boston University, and the Army. Continuing their superiority in the heavyweight classes, C. D. Newhart '31 repeated his sensational victory over Murrel of the Army by defeating Baker of Columbia; in the 175 pound class. J. F. Solano '30 triumphed over Amster of Columbia in the 165 pound class, and Captain Warner won his match in the unlimited class.

115-pound class: C. G. Chase '30 defeated Quineau (C), by decision. Time 2 min., 55 sec.

125-pound class: Andriette (C) defeated H. G. Henchel '30 by fall in 6 min., 44 sec.

135-pound class: Appel (C) defeated H. R. Elsas '32 by decision. Time 4 min., 26 sec.

145-pound class: Relyea (C) defeated R. K. Safford Jr. '31 by fall in 9 min., 35 sec.

155-pound class: Clark (C) defeated W. A. Robertson '31 by decision. Time 8 min., 41 sec.

165-pound class: Solano defeated L. Amster (C) by fall in 5 min., 30 sec.

175-pound class: Newhart defeated Baker (C) by decision. Time 3 min., 20 sec.

Unlimited class: Warner defeated Caristen (C) by fall in 5 min., 40 sec.