CRIMSON FAVORED IN H-D-C TRACK MEET

Ithacans, Strong in Field Events, Trail by Five Points--Green Has Galaxy of Sophomore Stars

The Harvard indoor track team will have a decided edge in the H-D-C triangular clash at the Garden next Monday night, on the basis of experienced men from last year. Coach Farrell has entered seven 1929 point-winners, who amassed a total of 26 1-3 points. Cornell, with their usual strength in the field events, has an equal number of men who placed in last year's games, garnering 21 points among them. The Big Green runners who are returning this season for the meteoric close of Boston's indoor track season chalked up 16 2-3 points last year.

Dartmouth nevertheless has a couple of Sophomore threats and Harold Moody, intercollegiate high jump champion of 1926 who has just returned to college after a three-year absence, who will threatened the Crimson's point-column.

Roger Donner and Joe Sawyer are two prospects whom Coach Harry Hillman is grooming as high point-winners. The formers rapid improvement in the broad jump over his 1929 form has been a standing cause of wonder to followers of the Big Green fortunes this winter. Last week Donner did 23 feet, 7 inches off the boards, the best jump ever recorded indoors at Dartmouth, and is favored to outdistance W. C. Rowe '31 by several inches. According to Hillman, Sawyer is better right now as a high hurdler than Monty Wells was in his first year of intercollegiate competition. The Dartmouth sophomore, however, should hardly be looked to capture better than a third Monday in competition with such experienced timber toppers as Alcorn, of Dartmouth, first-place winner last year and F. J. Mardulier '30.

The Crimson will have a decided edge in all the longer runs. David Cobb '31, unheralded double victor of last year in the 1000-yard and one-mile runs, will be back. This year he is entered in the mile and two mile runs. In the latter, he will face stiff competition from Levering, of Dartmouth, who beat J. L. Reid '29 to the tape last year in the time of 9 minutes, 41 2-5 seconds. Cobb and N. P. Hallowell '32 should take the first two places in the mile run hands down.

In the 1000-yard event Andrews, of Dartmouth, who took a second place last year will encounter stiff opposition from J. W. Fobes '32. The former will hardly do better than repeat his performance of last year, when he finished second, but in the 600 victory seems to lie between him and F. E. Cummings '30. Last winter Andrews placed second to Captain Swope in the 600-yard event, and reports from Hanover have it that his form is considerably improved this year. Captain Treman, of Cornell, judging from his last year's performance, should follow him to the wire.

Captain T. F. Mason '30 is the outstanding favorite in the 300-yard run. Last year he tied G. A. Tupper '29, to set a new triangular meet record of 33 4-5 seconds. Pratt and Alcorn, of Dartmouth, both of whom placed last year, should take the two remaining places. A. L. Watkins '31 is expected to repeat his victory of last year in the dash, with Stevens of Dartmouth in the second position.

Any prognostication approaching accuracy in the pole vault is pretty risky. Oscar Sutermeister '32, on the basis of his showing last Saturday, should be favored over Noyes of Dartmouth and the steadily brilliant Colyer, who tied C. E. Dunlap '30 for first place last year.

In the weight events, Cornell has a decided edge. Frank Weiss, the Ithacan's 35-pound weight throw winner in 1929 is decidedly the favorite again this year, with Crosier of Dartmouth once more the probable second place winner. Lawrence Levy should place in this event and walk away with the shot put. Last year he did 45 feet, 6 inches, placing second to Anderson, who broke the meet record