Harvard Books

Sir Thomas Malory

BY EDWARD HICKS

Based on new material found in the Public Record Office in London, this book offers the first complete biography of the great romancer.$2.50

The Commonwealth and Restoration Stage

BY LESLIE HOTSON

"Nothing that could be said in praise of the book would savour of exaggeration." --William J. Lawrence. Illustrated.  $5.00

Theodore Hook

BY MYRON F. BRIGHTFIELD

This delightfully written biography reveals an unjustly forgotten author and the gay society of the Regency and pre-Victorian days.  $4.00

American Negro Folk-Songs

BY NEWMAN I. WHITE

Over eight hundred songs are represented in this largest available anthology of negro songs.  $5.00

South Carolina Ballads

BY REED SMITH

Much of Professor Smith's volume is given over to a thorough discussion of the development of the popular ballad.  $3.00

The Vergilian Age

BY ROBERT S. CONWAY

While Professor Conway, the noted English scholar, was at Harvard two years ago, he delivered most of these lectures.  $2.50

Beowulf and Epic Tradition

BY WILLIAM W. LAWRENCE

Explains and analyzes the traditional material, historical and imaginative, that was crystallized in the great English epic.  $3.50

A Noble Rake

BY ROBERT S. FORSYTHE

The "rake" was Lord Charles Mohun, the original of the villain in Thackeray's Henry Esmond. Illustrated from old prints.  $3.50

Walt Whitman's Workshop

BY CLIFTON J. FURNESS

Unpublished material from Whitman's manuscripts that offers opportunity for a first-hand study of his ideas and working methods.  $7.59

The Formation of the Chinese People

BY CHI LI

A remarkable ethnological study that traces the origin and expansion of Chinese culture groups and families.  $5.00

Founders of the Middle Ages

EDWARD K. RAND

A new account of the "Dark Ages"--the period of the fourth, fifth, and sixth centuries, the epoch of the Founders of later mediaeval civilization.  $4.00

The Lance of Justice

BY JOHN M. MACUIRE

An absorbing history of the first fifty years of the New York Legal Aid Society and the progress of its work.  $3.09