UNIVERSITY DEBATERS LOSE TO BOSTON COLLEGE

HARVARD DEFEATED FOR THIRD SUCCESSIVE TIME BY B. C.

Opposing the issue "Resolved. That the Massachusetts Baby Volstead Act should be repealed," the Harvard debating team was unanimously defeated at Symphony Hall last night by the Boston College debaters, who proved more clever with their arguments and less faulty in their delivery than their opponents.

The Intercollegiate Debate was the third annual contest to be held and won by Boston College. The decision was made by the Honorable Andrew J. Peters '95, former Mayor of Boston, and Honorable Wilford D. Gray, associate Justice of the Superior Court. The audience attending the debate acted as the third judge.

The winning team was composed of J. J. Wright, E. F. Connelly, and E. A. Hogan, Harvard was represented by G. W. Harrington '30, A. B. Rood '31, and P. C. Reardon '32.

The arguments centered around six questions demanded of B. C. by the Crimson team to be answered strictly according to the statement of the issue. Despite numerous accusations of being off the point of argument and of not answering these questions, the quick-witted defenders of the repeal replied entirely to the satisfaction of the judges. Wright's clever eight-minute rebuttal seemed to clinch the argument, which up to that point had been wrangled indefinitely.

The program was broadcast over the radio through station WLEX.