P. B. H. SENDS LEGATES TO STUDENT CONFERENCE

New England Students Conclave to be Held in Maine--Work of Christian Associations is Topic

That college Christian associations should devote themselves more to practical social work than to the spiritual life of the undergraduates will be the stand taken by the representatives of Phillips Brooks House when the Eastern New England Students conference is held from February 28 to March 2 at Poland Springs, Maine.

The conference will deal with the place of Christian associations in colleges, and there will also be discussions on such phases of the work as social service and foreign student relations. Among the colleges which will be represented are Brown, Bowdoin, Bates, the Universities of Maine and New Hampshire, M. I. T., Simmons, Radcliffe, and Wellesley. As some of these institutions place more emphasis on the spiritual side of Christian association work, it is expected that a lively discussion will ensue.

J. H. Lane '28 and E. S. Amazeen '31 will lead the Harvard delegation. Any members of the University who are interested, in attending the conference should confer with them.

The leaders are J. M. Kingman '15, head boys worker at Lincoln House in Boston, and Sidney Lovett, Yale '13, pastor of the Mt. Vernon Street Church in Boston.