FARRELL'S BALANCED TEAM DARK HORSE IN NINTH ANNUAL I. C. 4A. GAMES TONIGHT

Red and Blue Led by Berlinger and McKniff Most Formidable--Harvard to Concentrate on Relays

Although lacking consistent record breaking performers which are so necessary in determining the outcome of any intercollegiate meet, the excellent showing of the Crimson track men in the Triangular Meet last Monday makes them the dark horse of the ninth annual indoor meet of the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America to be held in the 102nd Engineers Armory in New York City tonight.

Pennsylvania the Favorite

Pennsylvania and Georgetown, consistently ranked among the high scorers in this meet, are the favorites again this season, with the former given a slight edge over the Georgetown group. The ability of the Crimson runners to cut in on the point total of these two, together with the dark horse upsets which always occur where a large number of teams are in competition will be the ultimate factors in selecting this season's I. C. 4A. champion.

Relay a Critical Race

In the absence of middle distance events in which the University runners are strongest, Coach E. A. Farrell is concentrating on the mile and two mile relay teams to raise the Crimson point total into the winning column. The one mile team of V. L. Hennessey '30, E. E. Record '32, F. E. Cummings '30. and Vernon Munroe Jr. '31 which clipped 1 min. 2-5 sec. off the Triangular Meet record for that event with scarcely any opposition last Monday night. will be forced to the limit tonight when it matches strides with the Georgetown quartet which is rated as one of the best of the season.

Crimson Strong in Dash

Although handicapped by the loss of J. B. Hawes '32, whose leg injury sustained in the Triangular Meet will keep him from tonight's race, the University will be well represented in the dash by T. F. Mason '30, A. L. Watkins '31. and F. V. Nlssen '30.

F. J. Mardulier '30 showed up well in the Triangular Meet in winning the 45-yard hurdles after a bad start. Primarily a middle distance runner, and an outdoor hurdler. E. E. Record '32 might also break into the scoring column tonight in the 70-yard hurdles which is much more suited to him than the shorter trip over the timbers.

Another man who may prove a Crimson dark horse is W. C. Rowe '31, whose first in the broad jump last Monday created one of the biggest upsets of the Triangular Meet. If P. N. Vonckx '31 can duplicate his feat performed in the Briggs Cage in the H-D-C meet, he is almost certain to place in the weight throw.

Distance Men Strong

The work of the Crimson distance men will be watched with interest tonight, and the entries will be made by Coach Farrell according to the tide of the meet. In the races with Cornell and Dartmouth last Monday there was no doubt but what David Cobb '31, double winner last year, and several other of the outstanding Crimson distance men could have participated in more than one event had not Farrell preferred to save his men for tonight's contest. N. P. Hallowell '32 and Cobb in the mile, with B. E. Estes '32 and Cobb in the thousand, and J. M. Fox '32 and G. N. Barrie '32 in the two mile is a combination which might well raise the Crimson point total into victorious figures