STRONG YALE FIVE CRUSHES HARVARD BY SCORE OF 38-14

Leader in Intercollegiate B. B. League Scores 15 Points for Yale--Record Crowd Witnesses Contest

The University basketball team once more went down before a strong Yale five when it was defeated at New Haven Saturday for the third successive year, with a score of 38 to 14.

Having had one of the most successful home seasons ever experienced by a Yale team, with 12 victories out of 13 games, the Eli quintet entered the game a decided favorite, in spite of marked improvement in the play of the Crimson team during the past few weeks.

The game was one-sided from the opening whistle, Harvard being snowed under an avalanche of baskets before the first 10 minutes had passed, and coming out at the end of the first half with a total of nine points to Yale's 23. The Elis made nine goals from the floor during this period; and Harvard seemed unable to stop the Eli passing game, almost perfectly executed with Horwitz and Booth providing the feature plays.

During the second half, both teams suffered a letup. The University quintet succeeded in adding only five points to their score, while Yale under the brilliant leadership of Horwitz, who rated first in the Intercollegiate Basketball League, piled up 15 more points.

Captain H. T. Wenner '30, T. E. Farrell '31, and M. E. Pierce '30 played best for the University; Wenner and Farrell each making two goals, while Pierce sank one.

Horwitz was Yale's outstanding player, scoring 15 points during the game, while Booth, erstwhile football player, scored five points.

The game was attended by an unusually large crowd, even for a Harvard-Yale tilt, the attendance being about 750.

The summary:

Score--Yale 38, Harvard 14. Goals--Wenner 2, Farrell 2, Pierce 1, Horwitz 6, Booth 2, Patterson 1, Naury 2, Martin 1, Byer 1, Beane 2. Fouls--Rex 1, Burns 3, Horwitz 3, Booth 1, Patterson 1, Byer 1, Beane 1. Time--Two 20-minute periods. HARVARD  YALE Wenner, Pattison, l.f.  r.f., Booth, Gallagher Mahady, Baskerville, Farrell, r.f.  l.f., Horwitz, Lindenberg Pierce, c.  c., Patterson, Pennel Rex, Burns, l.g.  r.g., Byer, Beane Nido, Farrell, Baskerville, Rauh, r.g.  l.g., Naury, Martin, Beane