YALE ACCEPTS SECOND DEBATE WITH HARVARD

Rowe Announces Reestablishment of Triangular Debate--Other Plans are Disclosed by Coach

E. M. Rowe '27, coach of the University debating team, announced late last night that he had received a wire from E. T. Williams, secretary of the Yale Debating Association, stating that the Yale authorities have decided to temporarily discontinue their usual policy of but a single contest with the University and to have two debates with the Harvard Debating team this year. The second debate will be held late in April to discuss the Harvard Debating Council's plan for the enforcement of the Eighteenth Amendment. This reestablishes the debating relations which have existed for many years between Harvard, Yale, and Princeton.

As previously announced, the first debate between Yale and Harvard will take place on Saturday, when the Pan-American Arbitration Treaty will be the subject for argument. The Yale representatives will be, R. B. Fulton, R. G. Oster-weis, P. W. Hoon, and H. G. Dyke. The Harvard debaters have not yet been selected.

The Harvard-Princeton debate on the Debating Council plan will be held on April 19, at Princeton. Because of a trip which the Princeton debaters are now making throughout the West, this debate has had to be postponed until this date.

According to Rowe the Debating Council plan has aroused considerable attention in debating circles all over the country. Over twenty requests for debates based upon the plan have been received thus far by the Debating Council.