UNIVERSITY ORCHESTRA TO DELIVER CONCERT

First of Series of Four Concerts Will be Presented on April 1 in Paine Hall in Music Building

The Harvard University Orchestra, Pierian Sodality of 1808, will be conducted by G. W. Woodworth '24 in a concert to be given on Tuesday, April 1, in Paine Hall, located in the University Music Building. They will be assisted by George Brown '23, well-known Boston cellist and former conductor of the Pierian Sodality, who will play Max Bruch's "Col Nidrei" accompanied by the orchestra.

The orchestra of fifty men will play a program which is expected to be of unusual interest to the average listener. It will include Gluch's overture to "Iphigenia in Aulis", a Bach suite for strings, and a Bach double concerto for two violins, strings, and flutes, together with the cello solo. The two Bach numbers seldom appear on orchestra programs, and their musical value, the players feel, is little known to the public.

This will be the fifth concert of the year for the orchestra which has played at the Harvard Union. Milton Academy, Brattle Hall, and at the Harvard Club of Boston. It will also be the Sodality's only appearance in a complete program open to students at popular prices. Tickets at $50 and $1.25 will be on sale at Amee Brothers Store, 21 Brattle Street, or at 56 Thayer Hall after Friday.

The orchestra is scheduled to appear in three more performances, two in Boston, at the Harvard Musical Association and at the Public Library, and one at Wellesley College.