15 COLLEGES NOW ENTERED IN MEET

Every Big Ten Titleholder to Compete in Gala Swimming Tourney -- Ault Favored to Capture 440

Entries for the seventh annual National Collegiate Swimming Meet kept pouring in at the Athletic Association offices yesterday and the total number of entrants now stands at 15. It is probable that at least ten more aggregations will signify their intention of coming before the end of the week.

The teams added to the list of previous entries yesterday were Amherst, Brown, M. I. T., Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Michigan. The latter two, added to Minnesota and Northwestern, bring the number of Big Ten teams up to four, while the first four, complemented by Springfield, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Bowdoin, and Princeton, set the Eastern total at nine. McGill is the sole Canadian entrant so far while Leland Stanford is coming here all the way from the Pacific Coast.

All Big Ten Champs Here

The four Mid-Western teams coming bring with them every Western Conference individual titleholder. These men, who will attempt to gain National Titles, are Al Schwartz of Northwestern in the 40-yard and 100-yard swims and also in the 220-yard swim, Garnett W. Ault of Michigan in the 440-yard free style. Dick Hinch of Northwestern in the 150-yard back stroke, Bob Howlett of Northwestern in the 200-yard breast stroke and Wentworth Lobdell of Iowa in the fancy diving. Lobdell is the only Iowa swimmer who will compete in the meet.

Wolverine Star May Win 440

Michigan was second to Northwestern in the Western Conference Swimming Championships. The Wolverines are sending a very fast relay quartet and a probable winner in the 440-yard free style in Ault. He was second to Bud Shields of Brigham Young University last year in the National Collegiate Meet. Shields then won the 220-yard and 440-yard free style events in record time.

Pennsylvania will send four men. There are E. Andrian Teaf and William Stinson in the 50 and 100-yard free style swims, Walter Grandy in the fancy diving and John Merriam in the 150-yard medley swim, Merriam, Grandy, Teaf, and Stinson also will swim in the 200-yard relay.