IRISH TEMPERANCE SOCIETY of America

"As Americans We Obey and Respect the 18th Amendment" Give the Law a Fair Trial

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

The continued prosperity of America is caused largely by sensible, moderate whiskey drinkers spending less money for intoxicants resulting in their savings being invested in Real Estate, Life insurance, Financial Institutions, Automobiles and many ways of making the Irish and Americans richer and happier, is this the correct explanation?

Join us and reduce intemperance.

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

Why--Bridget? You should spell it Brigid, which is correct. Where do you get your saints from? Rome? Read the history of St. Brigid of Ireland who was famed for her beauty, piety and learning. She founded convents, schools of learning all over Europe. When Ireland was the seat of learning for Europe, England was famous for the people running around naked in poverty and ignorance was popular in England.

I'm surprised at Harvard.

Read the Catholic Encyclopedia. T.P. Burke.

(Editor's Note--The above letter was received yesterday together with a clipping of the epyllion entitled "Bridget and Mary" or "It all Came Out in the Wash" which appeared in "The Crime" column on last Tuesday. Sceptics will be cordially received in the CRIMSON office today where the original epistle will be on view.)