SCHOLARSHIP TO BE GIVEN AS RESULT OF CONTEST

Candidates Will Write on Economics or Political Science on March 29 in Widener V

A competition to determine the winner of the Ricardo Prize Scholarship, which has an annual income of $500, will be held Saturday, March 29.

Candidates will be expected to write extemporaneously, in the examination room, an essay on a topic chosen by themselves from a list of subjects dealing with economics and political science, not previously announced.

The incumbent is required to be a member of the Senior Class in Harvard College or of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and must carry on his studies under the supervision of the Department of Economics Dr. Chamberlin has requested that no one not prepared to undertake a year of research work in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, should enter the competition for the prize.

The award will be made on the recommendation of the Department of Economics, solely with regard to the ability of the several candidates.

Any member of the Class of 1930, or of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences who is interested in the competition, and who desires to secure further information concerning its details may write to Dr. N. R. Chamberlin, at 41 Bowdoin Street, Cambridge.