TRACKMEN REPORT FRIDAY FOR SPRING SEASON OPENING

Team Leaves April 6 on Training Trip to Virginia--Farrell Anticipates Successful Season

The outdoor track season will start officially with a meeting at 8 o'clock on Friday in the old cage at Soldiers Field, when in the neighborhood of 200 candidates for the Freshman and University teams will be addressed by the coaches E.L. Farrell. Jaako Mikkola, and E.C. Haggerty '27. "Judging from our indoor season." Farrell stated last night, "we should have a good outdoor team to contend in the Penn Relays, the Greater Boston Intercollegiates, and against Dartmouth and Yale." Mikkola has been conducting informal practice for some time, now and will be on Soliders Field every afternoon to help prospective candidates for the team.

Leaving on their annual southern trip from Boston on April 6, the University trackmen will practice twice daily at Williamsburg, Virginia, before engaging in a triangular meet there with William and Mary and Maryland on April 12.

Twelve members of the University team will journey to Philadelphia for the Penn Relays on April 25 and 26 in which they will contend individually with representatives from 30 and 40 other institutions.

Greater Boston Meet

The coming season will see an innovation in the scheduling of the Greater Boston Intercollegiates for May 2 and 3 in the Stadium on Soliders Field. The five institutions which will send teams against the Crimson are Boston University , Boston College, M. I. T., Northeastern, and Tufts. A week later, on May 9, the Stadium will be the scene of the University handicap meet, open to all members of the University. On May 17 the trackmen will oppose Dartmouth at Hanover, and in the climatic dual meet of the season on May 24 they will face the Yale runners.

The final and probably the severest test for the Crimson runners will be the I. C. A. A. A. A. meet, to be held this year in the Stadium on May 30 and 31. Representative from all the larger eastern colleges are expected to participate while teams form Stanford, the University of California, and the University of Southern California will make the transcontinental trek in an attempt to repeat their former victories.