PLANS OF DEBATING TEAM SPRING TOUR ANNOUNCED

YALE AND PRINCETON ARE AMONG APRIL OPPONENTS

The personnel of two debating teams which will represent Harvard during the spring recess, of two teams which will engage in a duel debate with Yale, and of the team which will match arguments with Princeton speakers on April 19 was announced last night by Coach E. M. Rowe '27.

A first team, composed of G. W. Harrington '30, R. B. Eckles '32, and P. C. Reardon '32, will speak at the University of Chicago, Rockford College, Creighton University, Illinois College, and Loyola University. They will discuss the Debating Council plan, the advisability of colleges limiting their enrollment to able students, and the merits of complete disarmament.

Two Teams Will Debate

A second team will debate at Georgetown University, Ohio University, Butler University, Mount Union College, and Duquesne University. The speakers, J. M. Swigert '30, F. C. Fiechter '32, and D. I. Cooke Jr. '31, will argue 'That four years in college are four years wasted," "That the Kellogg pact is a sound basis for the foreign policy of the United States," and 'That present national advertising is harmful."

In the debate with Princeton on the Debating Council plan the Crimson representatives will be G. W. Harrington '30, P. C. Reardon '32, and J. M. Swigert '30.

Yale Date Not Set

The dates for the two debates with Yale on the same subject in New Haven and Cambridge have not been set. The speakers will be: F. C. Fiechter '32, F. B. Thurber '30, H. G. Abdian '30, P. H. Cohen '32, J. M. Swigert '30, and G. W. Harrington '30.

The Harvard speakers have matched arguments successfully with Yale and Princeton earlier this year. In the match with the Elis the audience sustained the affirmative in maintaining that the United States should ratify the Pan-American arbitration treaty without reservations. The subject of the debate with Princeton: "Resolved, That the Baby Volstead Act in Massachusetts should be repealed," was one which the Council's analysis of the situation had fitted it to deal with.