PROHIBITION WILL BE ISSUE BEFORE FORUM TOMORROW

Council Will Seek to Prove Feasibility of Its Program--Open Forum, Instead of Set Debate, Aim of Meeting

A mass meeting to discuss the pros and cons of Prohibition and the merits and weaknesses of the Harvard Debating Council's plan for Prohibition reform will be held in the Large Living Room of the Union tomorrow night. T. N. Carver, Wells Professor of Political Economy, widely known both as an economist and as a supporter of the dry cause, has consented to participate in the discussion from the prohibitionists' point of view, while Alexander Lincoln '95, former Assistant Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and at present general counsel for the Constitutional Liberties League, will present the wet angle.

According to present plans, representatives of the Debating Council will outline their plan briefly, putting forth their reasons why it should appeal to moderate wets and drys. Opportunity will then be given Professor Carver and Mr. Lincoln to present their criticism of the Debating Council's program. After brief rebuttal, the meeting will be opened to discussion from the floor.

There will be no formal debate, and the meeting will be rather in the nature of an open forum, in which anybody in the University may participate. A competent chairman will be in charge of the meeting, to preserve order, and see that the customary rules of parliamentary procedure are observed.