PIERIAN SODALITY TO PLAY TONIGHT

G. W. Woodworth '24, to Conduct Orchestra of 50 Men--Three Soloists Featured on Program

In its only appearance before the University in a complete program the Harvard University Orchestra, Pierian Sodality of 1808, will give a concert at 8.15 o'clock tonight in Paine Hall in the Music Building, under the auspices of the Division of Music.

Conducted by G. W. Woodworth '24, the orchestra of fifty men will play a program designed to be of interest to the average listener. Assisting them will be three soloists, George Brown '23, well-known Boston cellist and former conductor of the Pierian Sodality; 'M. H. Holmes '28, violinist and a member of the Conservatory Orchestra; and Miss Dorothy Comstock, a violinist. Brown will render the feature of the program, Bruch's "Kol Nidrel."

In addition to such pieces as "Saudades do Brazil" and the popular Slavonic dances, which have appeared in earlier programs, the orchestra will play a Bach suite for strings, and a Bach double concerto for two violins, strings, and flutes, together with the cello solo.

The complete program as announced by Manager R. U. Jameson '32, is as follows: Overture to "lphigenia in Aulis" Gluck Suite No.2 in B minor for strings and flutes  Bach Concerto in D minor for two violins and string and orchestra, soloists: Miss Comstock and Mr. Holmes  Bach "Saudades do Brazil"  Milhaud "Kol Nidrel"--Adaglo for violincello with orchestra, soloist: Mr. Brown  Bruch Slavonic Dances Nos. 2 and 3 from Opus 46  Duorak