In the Graduate Schools

Growing Interest in its Work Brings About Many Improvements

The examination for first-year Law School scholarships were held last Saturday, and the results will be announced immediately before the Christmas holiday. Over 125 students were permitted to take the examinations for the 14 scholarships offered at this time.

The scholarships which amount to approximately $250 each, have been established by four separate endowments. The Harvard Law School Association Scholarship provides for ten awards and the Class of 1913 fund provides for two scholarships.

Four Funds Yleld Awards

The following are the four scholarships for which examinations were held: The Shelton Hale Scholarship, with an income of $250. It was established by Mr. Shelton Hale in 1921 in memory of her husband Shelton Hale L.L.B. '16. The Harvard Law School Association Scholarships were created by a fund raised in 1923 for the annual scholarships of $250 to first year students. The Herbert Parker Scholarship was established in 1924 with a gift of $5000 given by the Boston Elementary Teacher's Club in honor of Herbort Parker '78. The class of 1913 Scholarships were established in 1924 with a fund sufficient to provide two scholarships for the three succeeding years.