HARVARD'S FIRST RUGBY TEAM PLAYS ELIS TODAY

Crimson Group, Mostly English, Meets, Yale at New Haven--Blue Has Won Two Games and Lost One

This afternoon at 4 o'clock the first rugby team Harvard ever had will oppose Yale at New Haven. Sixteen men will make the trip, 15 of which play during the game.

The Yale team has had considerably more practice than the Crimson group, having already played in three games. It opened its season by defeating the United States Marines. 3 to 0; then it was tied by a team from Montreal, 8 to 8. The Blue's only defeat was suffered at the hands of the New York Nomads, who won 11 to 8.

The Harvard team was organized early this spring under the direction of T. L. Jarman 1G, a graduate of New College, Oxford, and a Davison scholar at Harvard. A squad of about 30 men has been practicing regularly since then.

The Harvard lineup for the game this afternoon will be as follows:

Forwards: Elmore, vice-captain. Fry, Griffith, White Burrage, Witt, Straus, and Farria; half backs: Kirkland, Carter; three--quarter backs; Newt. Cary. Williams, and Captain Snelling; full back; Carter.