P. B. H. CLOTHING DRIVE NETS LARGE COLLECTION

A Ford and Piano are Included in the Heterogeneous Collection--Gifts to be Distributed

Rivalling the appearance of an antique store is the cellar of Phillips Brooks House at the present time, as a result of the clothes drive that was concluded last Saturday.

According to the tabulated results of this drive, compiled yesterday after a careful sorting of the heterogeneous articles that were piled in the basement, shirts and trousers are the most prominent of the list of bequests, numbering 88 and 78 respectively.

Under the heading "articles of underwear", 47 pieces have been listed, while 10 bathrobes were also donated. Further examination of the records reveals that 85 undergraduates subdued the traditional longing of man for old shoes, and gave a large assortment of discarded footwear.

Among the more bulky articles three gifts predominated a Ford car, of unknown value: a piano, and a ton of ancient magazines of all kinds. The piano will be sent to a Settlement House, while the magazines will be sent to the Merchant Marine for use of the sailors.