TRAINER TO ACT AS HEAD JUNIOR USHER AT COMMENCEMENT

Baccalaureate Hymn Competition Will Continue for Week--Best Class Day Ticket Designed by Wheeler

J. N. Trainer Jr. '31 will act as head Junior usher at Commencement this year, it was announced yesterday by C. B. Lakin '30, chairman of the Class Day committee. He also named the men who will conduct the various activities to be held during Commencement week.

On Sunday, June 15, at 4 o'clock, the Baccalaureate sermon will be given by President Lowell, who will be assisted in the service by Willard Learoyd Sperry, dean of the Theological School. Following this ceremony, there will be the customary reception at the President's home. Tuesday, June 17, is Class Day, at which time the Senior Chapel service is held. This service will be conducted by Bliss Perry. Francis Lee Higginson Professor of English Literature. At the Class Day exercises, being held as usual on Sanders Theatre, Dean Sperry will conduct the program.

Wheeler Wins Contest

Lakin also announced that the competition for designs of the Class Day tickets was won by S. C. Wheeler '30. The competition for the Baccalaureate hymn, scheduled to close this week, has been extended for one more week, since at the present time not enough attempts have been received by the committee to justify a decision. The hymn may be based on any familiar tune, such as "Fair Harvard", "Onward Christian Soldiers", or "Ten Thousand Times Ten Thousand".

J. W. Potter '30 and W. T. Wetmore '30 are in charge of the Senior Spread, to be held Monday of Commencement week, and F. S. Davis '30 will have the chief direction of the Yard exercises. At the Stadium festivities. V. L. Hennessey '30 will direct the proceedings, while J. L. Ware '30, treasurer of the Class Day Committee, is in charge of the Chapel and Sanders Theatre exercises.