WORCESTER WINS SCHOOLBOY MEET

Boston High School Beats Out Newton High by 4 Points--Quincy Winner in Class C

Worcester Academy ended Andover's nine year supremacy in schoolboy track to amass a total of 51 1-2 points and win the Class A championship in the 45th Annual Harvard Interscholastic Track Meet held in the Stadium Saturday afternoon. Jack Healey and Frank Gleason of Worcester were the individual stars of the meet and won the title for their school collecting 25 points of their team's total score.

In Class B. Boston English High won the crown for state public high schools while Newton High trailed it in second position. In Class C, Quincy High picked up 22 points to gallop away from the field and take the honors in that class.

Four new meet records were set Saturday. The only record-breaker in the Class A section was Frank Pierce, of Andover, who leaped 12 feet 5 15-16 inches in the pole vault. In Class B. Tony Geniawicz, Lynn English football star, hurled the 12-pound shot 50 feet 11 3-8 inches, over a foot more than the old meet record of 49 feet 9 1-2 inches set by Wilbur Marshall of Medford High in 1927. In the high jump, Jack Sandler of Lowell High bettered by one-sixteenth inch the old record set by Reb Russell of Lynn Classical in 1924 when he leaped five feet 10 1-2 inches. Al Morin, of David Prouty, set a new meet record in the 100-yard dash when he ran the distance in 10 seconds flat. He also won the running broad jump in his class making a leap of 21 feet.

Worcester had an all around well-balanced team, taking, points in 12 of the 14 events on the program, losing only in the mile and the low hurdles. Exeter picked up almost all its 46 9-20 points in the running events, entering one of the best teams it has had in recent years. It fell down, however, in the weight events.