EISENSTEIN TO LECTURE ON CINEMA ART MONDAY

VISITS AMERICA FOR FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE

Serge Eisenstein, Russian motion picture director whose productions have secured for him world-wide recognition, will lecture Monday evening in the Baker Library of the Harvard Business School. The distinguished film producer, who is making his first visit to America, is giving a few lectures at colleges and universities of the East, and when at 8 o'clock Monday he speaks on "The Cinema as an Art," members of the University will be afforded a rare opportunity to hear a man whose brilliant career has brought him to the peak of his art.

M. Eisenstein will use as illustrations for his talk portions of several of his pictures, one of which has not yet been released in Boston. Tickets have already been mailed to those on the Fine Arts mailing list, but in addition to those seats there will be places for about 500. These rush seats will be available at 7.45 o'clock.

The career of Serge Eisenstein began first in the Russian theatre, where he was associated with Meyerbold, and later with the "Protecult," another revolutionary movement in the theatre. Six years ago he left the legitimate theatre for the motion picture, feeling that the latter was a greater art. Since then he has rapidly risen to fame, although the number of his productions is comparatively small. Beginning in 1924, he has produced four pictures, the first of which was "Strike." This was followed, in 1925, by "Potemkin," produced on the twentieth anniversary of the unsuccessful Russian revolution of 1905. "Ten Days That Shook the World," released in 1927, commemorated the successful revolt of 1917. His latest picture is "Old and New," a production dealing with the agricultural problems of Russia, and contrasting the new and the outworn methods of agriculture of his country. At present he is en route to Hollywood, where he is under contract to Paramount.