FUND CONTRIBUTIONS OF SENIORS INCREASE

Over 100 Members of Class of '30 Have Sent Subsoriptions--Compares Well With Past Years

Contributions from the Senior Class to the Harvard Fund have passed the 100 mark, according to figures announced yesterday by L. L. Wadsworth Jr. '30 class agent for the Fund.

Yesterday's total of 109 donations compares favorably with the figures for the past few years. The Class of 1929 subscriptions number 167, while those of the year before were 144. The spring of 1927 brought out 267 gifts, while only 129 members of the Class of 1926 provided gifts.

Research into the handling of class funds in various different colleges brought forth several reports.

Robert Strong, secretary of the Dartmouth Fund, prepared the following statement:

"With all the millions of dollars which have been given to American colleges and universities in recent years, it is perhaps surprising that so many Alumni have been faithful in continuing their support in relatively modest amounts to such organizations as the Harvard Fund and the Dartmouth Alumni Fund.

"The Alumni of Dartmouth College and the college administration are very proud of the support which recent graduating classes have given to the Alumni Fund. Last year of the five most recent classes at Dartmouth, 1,358 men contributed out of a total of 1,917 graduates. Their gifts aggregated more than $10,000, which, by conservative estimate, is equivalent to the income on $200,000 of endowment."