Frederick George Bromberg '58, 92 Years Old, is Harvard's Oldest Living Graduate-- Ten Eldest All Over 89 Years

In a recent study made by the department of D. W. Bailey '21, University Publication Agent, a list of the ten oldest living graduates was compiled, a list drawn from material in this year's Quinquennial Catalog, which has been put on sale this week.

According to information in possession of this department, the ten oldest surviving alumni of the College, arranged by classes, now are:

1858--Frederick George Bromberg of Mobile, Ala. Born at New York, June 19, 1837.

1858 Henry Pickering Walcott, of Cambridge. Born at Hopkinton, Mass., December 23, 1838.

1860 Edward Carter, of Montreal, Born, 1839.

1860--John Torrey Morse, of Boston, Born at Boston, January 9, 1840.

1860--Charles Alexander Nelson, of Mount Vernon, New York. Born at Calais, Maine, April 14, 1839.

1861 John Doggett Cobb, of Dedham Born at Dedham, April 28, 1840.

1861 Joseph Hetherington McDaniels, of Geneva, New York. Born at Dennis, Massachusetts, October 25, 1840.

1862 Luther Gustavus Barrett, of Melrose. Born at Watertown, December 5, 1838.

1862 Henry Munroe Rogers, of Boston. Born at Boston, February 27, 1839.

1863 Albert Blair of St. Louis, Missouri. Born, October 16, 1840.

At the time when the Catalog first appeared in 1875, the total number of degree holders was 15,712 in comparison with the 1930 figure of 65,584. Since 1875, this Quinquennial Catalog has furnished complete lists of all degree holders, living and dead, of the University. In this new edition, several hundred pages had to be added to bring the lists up to date.