The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

HILL, COGGESHALL TAKE STATE CROWN IN 5 SETS

CRIMSON DUO STAGES BRILLIANT COMEBACK AFTER FIRST SET

M. T. Hill '31, 'captain-elect of the University tennis team, paired with H. L. Coggeshall 1L, winner of the annual fall tennis tournament last fall, was winner of the Massachusetts State Doubles Championship, just completed at the Newton Center Squash and Tennis Club. The victorious paid in the final round defeated G. E. Abbott and W. W. Weld '16, former state titlists, by a full-length match, 0-6, 5-7, 6-4, 6-3, 6-4.

The losers easily took the first two sets, setting a fast pace: but the Harvard players rallied, and won the last three sets without being carried to deuce. They had previously defeated J. B. Fenno Jr. '21 and H. R. Guild '17 in a long-drawn out semi-final match. 7-5, 4-6, 9-11, 6-3. This match was started over a week ago at Long-wood, but was halted at the end of the fourth set with the count knotted at two sets apiece. The final and deciding set was played at Newton, ending in favor of the eventual title-winners, 6-3.

Hill has played a consistently good game for the University team during the season, being defeated only once, and holding second position on the team for the majority of the matches. In some encounters, also, he played at number one. Against Yale, Hill won a victory from Frank Luce, of hockey tame, 6-3, 6-8, 6-2. Coggeshall is a nationally ranking player, and holder of many titles in this country.