LANE AND WELLMAN ARE NORTHFIELD DELEGATES

COLLEGE MEN WILL DISCUSS TOPICS AND PROBLEMS OF TODAY

At the annual Northfield conference, to be held this year from June 13 to 21, the Harvard delegates, sent by Phillips Brooks House, will be J. H. Lane '29 and C. H. Wellman '32. As in past years the arrangement holds that any student here who wishes to attend the conference but cannot afford the expense may obtain partial amounts of the cost by applying to Phillips Brooks House. All who are intending to go should communicate at once with Lane who is also graduate secretary of Phillips Brooks House.

This conference, which has been supported by large numbers of Harvard men in the past, is composed of delegates from all the New England colleges, who meet for a discussion of undergraduate religion. Religious leaders in all the institutions confer on their problems, and discuss the outstanding questions which are to face them during the coming year. Many of the important branches of Phillips Brooks House have grown out of this common discussion plan which is offered at the conference.

June was selected as the month for this conference since the leaders have hoped that the meeting will give the students a chance to consider the purposes set and the aims realized during the year that has just ended, and at the same time to start thinking about the coming year. In addition to the speeches, round table conferences, and group discussions there are chances for play.

Among the representatives that will attend this year's conference are Richard Roberts of Toronto, Reinhold Niehbuhr, of the Union Seminary. New York, Raymond Calkins '90, of Cambridge, and G. Sherwood Eddy, of New York. The program scheduled provides for two platform addresses daily, one in the morning, and one in the evening on Round Top at sunset. The morning series will attempt to appraise certain central tendencies in contemporary life, and point out the place of the student in relation to them.