TALBOT INJURED AS HORWEEN GIVES FIRST SCRIMMAGE

Star of 1927 Freshman Team Moved Up to Team A--First and Second Teams Move Into Dillon Field House Today

The promised first hard scrimmage for Harvard's football team came yesterday morning and left in its wake an injury to a veteran guard of team A ranking. G. N. Talbot '32 suffered a leg injury about halfway through the half-hour scrimmage and will be forced to remain out of practice for at least a week, probably more.

Several other minor bruises were in evidence as a result of the morning tiff between the first two elevens. Faxon received an eye injury which will not permit him to get into any hard workout for about a week, while Batchelder and Moushegian were shaken up enough so as to be excused from the afternoon drill. Gildea reported with a leg injury, sustained in the previous day's practice, and also will remain out of harness for about a week.

The start of the scrimmage saw one change in the Team A lineup when Kales went to right tackle in place of Cunningham, who had been there for the past few days. Kales has been ineligible for the past two years and is making a strong effort for a first team berth this season. Kales running mate at right guard was Brooks, who replaced Talbot, while Ogden was at the end. Captain Ticknor, of course, was at center, and the left side of the line had Harding, end, Richards, tackle, and Trainer, guard. The Junior backfield of Wood, Mays, Devens, and White completed the eleven.

Team B lined up with Baldwin and Moushegian, ends, Finlayson and Trafford, tackles, Myerson, Brooks, and Kidder, guards, and Hallowell center. The backfield had Huguley at quarter, Batchelder and Crickard at the halves, and Schereschewsky at full.

Some promotions to the first squad may be forthcoming in the next few days because Coach Horween, after a short drill with his own charges in the afternoon, went over to watch Coach Knox's seconds scrimmage among themselves.

There will probably be only one workout for the first string men today, in the morning, when they will also move over to their new quarters in the new Dillon Field House. The seconds will move over in the afternoon and by Monday sufficient lockers will have been installed to house the remainder of the athletic teams that will swing into action on Soldiers Field soon.