The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

UNIVERSITY SOCCER TEAM REPORTS THIS AFTERNOON

DANIELIAN AND BAKER TO ASSIST COACH CARR

With all but two of last year's team returning for another season, University soccer will start this afternoon at 3 o'clock, when Head Coach J. F. Carr '28 meets all candidates on Soldiers Field for an opening workout. Nine games have been scheduled for both University and Freshman teams, while the University seconds will have the customary encounter with the Yale Seconds at the end of the season.

Assisting Coach Carr this fall will be Donald Baker 2G, who will help with the University squads, and N. R. Danielian '28, who will have charge of the Freshmen. Danielian states that lack of experience will not be a handicap, since the first two weeks will be spent in elementary instruction in the fundamentals of the game. Under a new ruling made during the last year, members of the University team will receive the minor sport H, while Freshman players will be awarded numerals.

Outstanding among the returning letter men are J. P. Faude '31, goal, and Captain J. R. Bland '31, halfback, both of whom were members of the All American soccer team of 1929. The balance of the team will be drawn largely from the Junior class, with P. J. Catinella '32, Richard and Blake '32, F. L. Howe '32, and B. B. Kane '32 as probable halfbacks, and F. C. Tatham '32, J. B. Wight '32, and R. K. Vincent '32 in the forward line. Three men experienced in University soccer will return after a year's absence from the college. These are William Vogel 'St. William Carter '31, and K. J. DesRoches '31, halfback who was out last year with a bad knee.

The opening game for the University aggregation will be on October 4, when the Harvard team will meet Wesleyan, and for the Freshmen on October 11, when the 1934 eleven will meet Bradford Durfee Remaining games have been scheduled at least six days apart for the balance of the season.